Audi Finance, settle early keep incentives?

Clunkclick5

I'm in the process of buying a used Audi. The dealer has offered incentives of £250 plus 2 services (1 main) if HP is used to finance car. 

I have the cash and seen some archive posts saying you can settle in first 14 days and keep incentives.. has anyone got any experience of this in recent times.

Obviously the dealer suggested 6 payments, so they get the commission. 

Thanks

Hello Karen

Many thanks for joining, and for posting your plea. 
The days of ‘Whats the price for cash?’ have long gone - if they ever existed for long. 
A sizeable chunk of the salesman’s commission is reaped from commissions from arranging finance, and from selling you add-ons. As I understand it, you can arrange the finance deal and settle in full the following day without penalty to you - the salesman’s commission? - not sure. Your £250 plus a couple of services? - again I don’t know, so you will need to enquire at the source. 
Are you really struck on getting £250 from them, and again , do you really want to be locking into a ‘free’ service? I ask, since it’s not unusual to find some wear item that apparently needs renewing, and your ‘free’ service ends up costing you! 
Having said all that, there are advantages to you in taking out finance ( at a low interest rate?) and hanging on to your funds, if only, if something goes pear shaped with the car, then you have a finance company involved who may back up your case, due to their interest in the vehicle. 
Just noticed, the car will be under manufacturer’s warranty, so this might influence your decision. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.