Weird Satnav problems

Cantata

First long journey for a while in my 2012 A6 S-Line 3.0TDI Avant, which I've owned for 9 years.

Strange happenings on my satnav. Have established a route from Norfolk back to Kent, it worked fine for the first hour or so then started wanting to divert me all over the place because of 'road closures' that simply did not exist. My wife had Waze going on her phone beside me to reassure us there were actually no problems at all en route. The map showed where we were, no problem with that, it just wanted us to go anywhere but the direct plotted route. In the end when I had finished the first section of the journey and knew the way home from there, I cancelled the set route.

It was as though the satnav suddeny started reading loads of historic data about closures. I presume the Highways traffic system wasn't transmitting all this nonsense!

Anyone seen anything like this? Is there perhaps a 'reset' option that will clean up the Nav system back to factory defaults?

While I'm on, does anyone happen to know of an eBay seller who can supply a map update for this car? I tried a few a while ago but none of them could do it.

Edited by Cantata

17 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Use the sat Nov again to see if it does it again. If it does then you could get a diagnostic check. The easiest thing would be to reset the mmi. 

Thanks Steve, I did a MMI reset and we'll see if that fixes it.