Drivers window motor replacement / remote central locking stopped working

el-leakio

Hi,

New here and have just bought an S4 B6. The drivers window was not working so believe I need a new motor. My question is, do the part numbers have to match exactly as Ive been unable to find one that matches bang on. 8E1959802 is the number on mine but ive found one with an F on the end, will this work?

ALso where is says "MAX" on mine, will one that says "MIN" work?

Thanks

Also the central locking on the key died completely yesterday! Was working OK, suspected battery but I have changed it and no different. Pressing the button inside the car seems to lock and unlock fine.

Using the key in the lock works fine to unlock all doors, but turning the other way only locks the drivers door and does not set the alarm, What could be the issue here? Is it linked to the motor as there are lots of cables going in to it? Bit of a pain as I cannot lock the car at the moment!

Many thanks for your help

Edited by el-leakio

• 2 weeks later...

Before you waste any money on parts.  I'd inspect the 8 wires (4 fat and 4 thin wires) which go between the A pillar and the drivers door (inside the flexi rubber when you open the door).  I changed out this loom about 5 years ago on my 2002 car as various features stopped working, mirrors, speaker, locking, then window lifter.  5 of my 8 wires had become brittle and then snapped over time, sometimes the action (e.g. window) becomes intermittent before finally stopping.  These 8 wires go into the Door Control Module (which the window lifter motor is attached to).

Let us know how you get on.

Paul 

Edited by Paul De La Haye