New Member Intro; New Q2

Ernieh

Just to introduce myself as a new member recruited from Mercedes having had 6 C-Classes. The new Mercs were becoming too technical for me, so I thought a move to Audi would re-aquaint me with the VW Group, having had 6 Passats up till 2002.

I have a Q2 is a TFSI 35 Sport Auto (April 2022) in Tango Red with a couple of 'Packages', but had I realized how stingy Audi is with items that are standard in lesser marques, I would have spent a few bob more  for some additional home comforts. Apart from that, I'm happy with the car and actually find it more relaxing to drive than the W205 C-Classes that I've recently owned. The only problem on delivery was that the headlights were hitting the tops of the Motorway signs on dipped beam which was readily sorted by the supplying Dealership.

A little about myself....I am a retired industrial chemist. In my younger days did most of my own maintenance, including clutches, engine-out jobs and even resprays. Previous cars include, Wolseley 6/80, Daimler Century, BL Maxis, 1800s Princesses, Passats up till 2002 and one disastrous foray into Volvo with a 440 as well as the Mercs mentioned above. Nowadays I use Service Contracts and unfortunately for the dealerships, know most of what goes on in a modern car, so don't suffer fools!

Think that's all for now and look forward to learning from and contributing to this forum.

Ernie

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch 🙂 

Glad you like your q2 sounds a nice car 🙂 unfortunately, modern cars are becoming more and more electronically complex to try and dissuade home repairs. Electronics are going to be modern cars downfalls instead of corrosion or major mechanical failure in the "olden days". 

• Like 1