Q5 Reversing Camera Washer Fault

WQ5PK

Hello all,

I recently purchased SH a 2018 Q5 from an Audi dealership. Being the holiday period it's difficult to get it in with them so I thought I would ask here just to see if this is a known fault. 

My Q5 has a reversing camera on. As I understand it, when put into reverse, washing the rear windscreen should also wash the camera. The issue I have is that the vehicle seems to do this constantly, even when not in reverse. The result is that virtually no windscreen washer fluid goes onto the rear windscreen and instead constantly sprays across the camera. Is there anyway I can stop this? It seems like some sort of software issue to me?

TIA

W

It needs a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. Could be a software fault or sensor fault. Audi should be sorting this FOC as it's been raised within the first 30 days of sale 

• 1 year later...

Hi @WQ5PK I also have this exact same issue on 2017 Q5 FY, purchased 3 weeks ago. Did you get sorted? I have booked my car in with my local Audi dealer, hoping it will be fixed under warranty.

6 hours ago, Noz said:

Hi @WQ5PK I also have this exact same issue on 2017 Q5 FY, purchased 3 weeks ago. Did you get sorted? I have booked my car in with my local Audi dealer, hoping it will be fixed under warranty.

Get it back to the dealer that sold it to you. The seller has the responsibility to fix this free of charge in the first 30 days of sale. As you're still entitled to a full refund within that time