door seals

coupe4

hi all.im looking for the rubber door seals for my 95 coupe as mine are perished,ive tried all the usual places eBay etc,audi tradition have them but at nearly 2k i cant justify buying them.im wondering if theres any procedure worth doing that would renew my own ones,second hand rubbers would probably be in the same state as my own,any suggestions welcome!thanks greg.

Hello Gregg,

‘Perished’  probably means beyond salvage, but just incase not, I have seen rubber/polythene tubing being fed down the rubbers to boost them back to shape.

Possible suppliers:- Google ‘classic car trimming supplies’. You will come up with Woolies and a few others, and they may just have something that might be of similar profile. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

hi gareth,thanks for the advice,ill check it out as id say this could be a solution because they seem in good condition but water is getting in in certain areas and they are robust enough to take some type of tubing.thanks again.

thanks turlough,i hadnt even heard of woolies before but ive just been on their website and it looks promising,ill ring them tomorrow and let ye knowthe outcome.greg.

There are far more Gregg. Vintage Supplies ( Paul Beck) being just one of them. I wouldn’t restrict my search to just Woolies. Also search ‘ Rubber extrusions’ or similar. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 month later...

Hi i managed to get a passenger side door rubber for my coupe on eBay a couple of years ago.it wasnt listed but when i went through audi parts sellers other items it was on there. It came from Spain and was in very good condition. Probably because it was from a warmer climate. I think i paid around £30 for it. I tried putting thin plastic tubing under the seals before and it did help. When i put the rubber in at first i started getting a bit of wind noise when i passed 30mph and thought id fitted it wrong but my door had actually dropped overtime. Good luck.

thanks for that ian,ive had mine out today for a run.its a monthly meet called cars and coffee,i went in december and there was 3 cars but today there was about 70! roll on the spring and summer.i must check eBay for rubbers as ive put it off for the last few weeks with other stuff going on,ill update if ive any joy.thanks