Sports suspension on s line 2021

Wheatfielder

Go to solution Solved by Magnet,

• Solution

Hello John,

I think you have answered your own question. You are considering a model with the suspension biased towards road holding and not comfort. I think the S Line attracts due to the additional features which come as the package, but the trade off is understandably a harsher ride. Don’t like a harsh ride? Best not to buy an S Line. As well as so called ‘sports suspension’ you will probably find it has low profile tyres, and maybe have the much harder sidewalls of run flats. If not, possibly XL. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

I have an A6 TDi 3.0ltr S Line, 19 inch wheels, lowered sports suspension, all factory fitted from new.

S Lines can be a little "bumpy" on some roads and road noise a problem on certain tarmac surfaces.

Audi allow the tyres to be a lower pressure, depending on model, this helps with the ride and noise. However, for long or loaded journey's would recommend full pressure in all tyres.

I mentioned the road noise to the tyre company I use, they said Pirelli are noisy tyres and I could try a different manufacture which would reduce the road/tyre noise.

Previously I had driven Jaguar XJ6/XJ8's for 25+ years, the XJ8 despite being fitted with lowered, sports suspension, larger rims and lower profile tyres was by comparison, a very quiet ride on practically any road.,

Apart from all that, the S Lines can be a lively car to drive, when you can.