boot load cover repair

alpha omega
聽Share

hi all i have an audi a4 avant estate(b8)2011 tdi boot load cover and its been jumping out of its holding when pulling the cover towards me.the 2 pegs on the left(see pic 1 ) sits tight in place but the 2 to the right(pic 2) were not protruding far enough out.so i wd 40d the 2 pegs, and the catch. and after 10 minutes the pegs have worked their way out, far enough to now stay in place though i do have to push down and pull to the left and then let go for the boot load cover to stay in place.not sure for how long but its been 2 weeks now and have given the boot load cover a few pulls in that time and it has stayed in place.i guess its ware.and yes its had a clean lol.hope it helps someone with the same issue

pic 1.jpg

pic 2.jpg

pic 3.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alpha omega said:

i will take more care now you have mentioned this steve Q and now i know my local audi dealer wants 拢650 for a new one too.ebay around 拢100 thanks

No probs at all. You might be able to get machined aluminium end caps like you can for the c5. They're not cheap though.聽

NTM4RTM.jpg

• Like 1