Road noise

Charlie711

Hello, I have just purchased a Audi Q5 Diesel 2021 and i have noticed exessive road noise and a load humming sound.

I took the car back to Audi in York where I purchased it, but they said they did not find anything.

I am sure it is the tyres, but in all my years of driving I have never had to worry about what tyre to use.

I have Pirelli Scorpion verde 235/60 R18 on all wheels which are about 50% worn.

Has anyone experienced this problem and found a soloution.

Many Thanks,

Charlie

Hello Charlie,

Many thanks for joining, and sorry to hear of your discontent. 
Incase it helps, a family member has Scorpion Verdes on a non-Audi - the same size as yours, as it happens. The vehicle is now on its second set, and I’m not aware of any discontent with road noise, so it might be worth investigating other possibilities. 
Pardon my ignorance, but I take it this has permanent 4 wheel drive-? If so, does this technology work via. a Haldex system - as the non-Audi does? If so, has the oil and filter in this system been changed to schedule - usually every 25k? 
Worth looking into? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Good to know the  Pirelli Scorpion tyres are not to blame for the noise.

Yes it is a permanent 4 wheel drive, but I dont know what technology system it has.

The car is a 2021 year and only done 17000, and has just been serviced by Audi.

I think I will take to Audi in Hull , and let them take a look while the 30 day exchange program is still valid.

Thanks again, Charlie

• Like 1