Condensation in headlight

56Doc

I’m got a lot of condensation in one headlight unit. I can clear it when the weather allows (it’s driver side, so need to get the air inlet trunking out for access, nice & simple! Not!)

However, does anyone have any idea how moisture got in there in the 1st place!

obviously, I’ll check all the lamp access points but it’s just moisture, no dirt at all.

cheers folks.

5 hours ago, 56Doc said:

I’m got a lot of condensation in one headlight unit. I can clear it when the weather allows (it’s driver side, so need to get the air inlet trunking out for access, nice & simple! Not!)

However, does anyone have any idea how moisture got in there in the 1st place!

obviously, I’ll check all the lamp access points but it’s just moisture, no dirt at all.

cheers folks.

Hi the moisture is normally gained when the seal is degrading on the headlight bulb cover mine is doing it a bit in very cold weather, if you remove the rear cover and give the seal a wipe over with a good quality white spirit and a non scratch kitchen pan cleaner it revives the rubber dry it and coat the seal with silicone grease, the other possible culprit is the vent hose on the unit sometimes they become blocked or go missing.

Steve.

53 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi the moisture is normally gained when the seal is degrading on the headlight bulb cover mine is doing it a bit in very cold weather, if you remove the rear cover and give the seal a wipe over with a good quality white spirit and a non scratch kitchen pan cleaner it revives the rubber dry it and coat the seal with silicone grease, the other possible culprit is the vent hose on the unit sometimes they become blocked or go missing.

Steve.

i use WD40 petroleum jelly    and a hair dryer