A3 8Y - 48v Battery warnings

Mark200

2021 A3 Edition 1  (35 TFSI)

If I have not used my car for say 3 days, when I go to start the car an error is reported that the 48v system is low but will recharge whilst driving. I have seen this many times with no impact on the car.

Recently I had left my car for 2 weeks and when I came to start the car the same error was reported along with many others ( 48v charge system fail, Brake boost problem, Evap problem, Dealer Service Required and many more.) 

Surprisingly after driving for 5 minutes all of these errors disappeared, I used an OBDeleven  device to see what faults had been recorded but none were present. 

Anyone else had any issues like this?

3 hours ago, Mark200 said:

2021 A3 Edition 1  (35 TFSI)

If I have not used my car for say 3 days, when I go to start the car an error is reported that the 48v system is low but will recharge whilst driving. I have seen this many times with no impact on the car.

Recently I had left my car for 2 weeks and when I came to start the car the same error was reported along with many others ( 48v charge system fail, Brake boost problem, Evap problem, Dealer Service Required and many more.) 

Surprisingly after driving for 5 minutes all of these errors disappeared, I used an OBDeleven  device to see what faults had been recorded but none were present. 

Anyone else had any issues like this?

Hi I think your battery may be failing as that would throw up most of the other codes, its worth getting a battery status check done with everything turned on, engine lights etc, and see what the voltage drop is like but from what you have described I think its more to do with lack of runs as its trying to tell you I need more electricity, thats why trickle charging is popular, my car is a 2016 with the original battery and no problem probably because it get charged for 150 miles a day as a cab.

Steve.

• Like 1

Gents

Thank you for your replies - not sure how to check the 48v battery voltage as it is all very well hidden and screwed down.

Also cannot find an option to read Voltage /Capacity on the OBDeleven device - There is a selection for the mhev system (Battery Energy Module (21)), mainly software levels / serial numbers etc.

1st major service is due in April, I will report it to them and see what they say (Still under warranty 🙂 )  

Cheers