Allriad suspension stuck high

Audi dan

Dear all firstly good morning it's my first post.

I've owned the allriad for 3 years with no issues.

Two days ago I had a warning on the dash saying suspension fault so I took it home.

On inspection the cat is stuck in the  highest setting and will not select any other height setting.

No fuses blown I can see and I removed the brown pipe from the block in the boot but no air is coming out.

Has the compressor broken?

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards d

7 hours ago, Audi dan said:

Dear all firstly good morning it's my first post.

I've owned the allriad for 3 years with no issues.

Two days ago I had a warning on the dash saying suspension fault so I took it home.

On inspection the cat is stuck in the  highest setting and will not select any other height setting.

No fuses blown I can see and I removed the brown pipe from the block in the boot but no air is coming out.

Has the compressor broken?

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards d

Hi only way to find out whats going on is get the car scanned for faults.

STEVE.

Dear all 

The Audi download showed a fault code c104897

And level sensor shut off 

C10c8 

Unfortunately driving back slowly the airbag blew up which is a pain.

Any ideas?

Kind regards 

D

14 hours ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi only way to find out whats going on is get the car scanned for faults.

STEVE.

Hi I found a snapped plastic arm off if the rear trailing arm sensor.

I'm guessing this would affect it 

Unfortunately I need a new airbag asweel

Hello Dan, 

Very sorry to hear of your air bag issue. Without wishing to be pessimistic, I would think that is now the major issue area compared with the level sensor - which should be a comparatively easy fix.
Your air bag misfortune maybe a lesson to others to avoid driving these vehicles with similar symptoms. 
Good luck in getting it all fixed fairly easily. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.  

Hi many thanks. Do you think this broken arm to the sensor would of put the car in continuous jacking mode ?

Yes I agree I was only going 18 mph.

Regards

Dan

6 hours ago, Audi dan said:

Hi many thanks. Do you think this broken arm to the sensor would of put the car in continuous jacking mode ?

Yes I agree I was only going 18 mph.

Regards

Dan

HI yes any defective sensor will cause problems as it throws the whole system out so most likely yes, if you fit a new unit it will have to be readapted so it works in harmony with the other sensors.

Steve.

One other question Dan - why did the arm snap? You would be wise to check all moving parts are indeed moving freely on all sensors, otherwise you may find yourself in the same situation with another one. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

22 hours ago, Magnet said:

One other question Dan - why did the arm snap? You would be wise to check all moving parts are indeed moving freely on all sensors, otherwise you may find yourself in the same situation with another one. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

The arms are some sort of cast ABS plastic which deteriorates with age and weather.

Attempting this job tmrw morning will get back to you all.

I won’t renew the sensor just the arm as I haven’t got the ability to reset the height settings.

hooefully the level sensor is fine.

regards

d

Hi all the car is done. I just changed the arm and the car recalibrated itself and all is well.

the airbag was a fiddle at the base as its on an angle and the circle edge that proceeds through the lower trailing arm isn’t as proud as the original but the locator plastic nipple and the two plastic edge clips which hold it in place was ok.

im happy it’s done. I did the offside rear arm as well as it was mega stiff . It is lubed up moves freely.

pill check the fronts tmrw.

thanks all for helpful advice,

dan

• Like 1