A3 TFSIe lead times

Moomintroll104

Hi, new here, looking for a bit of guidance , i ordered through a leasing company (Arval) and A3 TFSIe S Line, the order was confirmed by the dealer in January 2022, with an estimated delivery date of September 2022, September arrived and i just got an email saying it would now be Jan 23, then another email saying March 23, now I have received a further email saying July 23 , I've contacted the dealer who just keep on about the chip shortage.

I have a suspicion that the real reason is as its leased the lease company will have got a substantial discount , so in reality Audi are letting retail customers jump the queue, and mine will just keep getting pushed down the list until all the retail orders are fulfilled, has anyone else had any similar experiences as its a pretty standard car really , and i also feel i was mislead on delivery times, as colleagues of mine ordered the BMW 330e and these came within 6 months.

The lead times are a joke. If you use the search function you'll find other threads on this. Even when your car does arrive you might find it won't have features you initially thought it would. For example q7 owners are taking deliveries that haven't got the correct headlights that it should have done. This is without Audi informing customers. 

I'd recommend you speak to the lease company. 

• 1 month later...

I got my 8Y as someone else's cancelled order. I originally ordered a Cupra Formentor hybrid but, like you, waited over a year. So I talked to the lease company supplying dealer and they found me the cancelled order. Of course we then had to negotiate an increase in the rentals, as the lease company weren't getting their 19% discount.