Help! all interior door controls not working

andy_226

None of the door controls on my Audi A4 Avant b7 are functioning, and also no lighting on the switches either.

All fuses to doors and the comfort module are good. Cables in the wiring loom in the door openings all seem fine - no breakages. I located the comfort module, opened the box and there is no water that's got in there.

Just wondering if any of you know what the issue could potentially be? I've not had it put through any diagnostics machine yet - so it could be that be the module is faulty - but visually it seems pristine. Thanks 

You've done a fantastic amount of diagnostic work. Is it all switches on each individual door or just on the drivers door master switch. 

Have you done a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up? 

It's all the switches on all 4 doors. However all other controls are okay such as the dashboard/center console etc. Although I noticed the cigarette lighter doesn't work either now. 

Nope no diagnostic check as of yet. My brother in law has a diagnostic machine so he will be able to check it for me. I was  just ideally wanting to be able to sort it myself is all. 

Hi, have you checked the contacts in the "A" pillar male connection? 

I had this problem on my A3 PA water ingress into the socket had corroded the male pins and caused poor connection. You would do well to check both front "A" pillar looms. Before disconnecting the "A" pillar connector, you should disconnect the battery and wait 10 MINUTES, in the doors behind the card, there is a sensor with a yellow connection, generally speaking, ANY YELLOW CONNECTION IS RELATED TO VEHICLE SAFETY SYSTEMS. Removing the door connector could trick the air bag system into thinking that it's had an impact and deploy the air bags. 

Regards Dave. 

Thanks for the suggestion, il check those pins. And be sure to wait the 10 mins after disconnecting the battery. Incidentally I saw a post on another forum where someone was having the same issue. He disconnected the battery to do some work, then when he reconnected it again everything miraculously started working...I'm hoping that happens to me but I highly doubt it will!