Hi... and a question 🤔

stu9000

Hi fellow Audi'ers.

Love my new, to me, A5. Poetry in motion, or even standing still.  

Sorry to leap straight into questions bu there are a couple of paint scratches I'd like to get out but I'm having trouble identifying the paint code.  Boot sticker does not show it.  Audi Wimbledon checked their database and said "I've never seen that code before " . Code they came back with was xxx.

I guess this means the car has some kind 20230329_133937.thumb.jpg.50d806327a4041966c24789a8a2f991c.jpg20230326_161240.thumb.jpg.8ea52237625d6d059ea6622386546c3c.jpgof custom paint specified by first owner...? Looks like Ibis white but if that was the case why is it not on record. Not sure where to go from here.

Any help appreciated. 

S

1 hour ago, stu9000 said:

Hi fellow Audi'ers.

Love my new, to me, A5. Poetry in motion, or even standing still.  

Sorry to leap straight into questions bu there are a couple of paint scratches I'd like to get out but I'm having trouble identifying the paint code.  Boot sticker does not show it.  Audi Wimbledon checked their database and said "I've never seen that code before " . Code they came back with was xxx.

I guess this means the car has some kind 20230329_133937.thumb.jpg.50d806327a4041966c24789a8a2f991c.jpg20230326_161240.thumb.jpg.8ea52237625d6d059ea6622386546c3c.jpgof custom paint specified by first owner...? Looks like Ibis white but if that was the case why is it not on record. Not sure where to go from here.

Any help appreciated. 

S

Hi wherever you take it to get the work done will probably remove the filler flap and send it to the paint mixer and they will scan it and mix the paint to that, mine is a grey pearlescent and apparently the guy who did the work said there are about five shades of that paint code so he removed the flap and gave it to the paint supplier and bingo perfect match.

Steve.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys.   The car is still great with no nasty surprises as I have got to know her.  No buyers remorse here. Took her to Normandy for a week and she can do a full days driving without any aches or irritations. 

The small flat panel to the side and behind the passenger seat that slides back as the roof comes back up had a missing right angle. This meant the roof caught and lifted the plastic trim. Easily solved with a small right angle of plastic glued in from underneath. As the roof lifts the panel now push's back and out of the way at the right moment. 

I fitted an eBay Andriod Auto box behind the stereo. This all went very smoothly. Google maps, spotify and various apps now available via the excellent dash screen. 

I have a sloping down driveway and some rain was seeping in by the drivers side pillar. Reading around I think this is fairly common.  I was all set to disassemble and reseal the front part of the roof but the problem went away when I reproofed the canvas.  If the issue returns I may still do a long term fix but its been monsoon weather this week and no drips so far. 

I took the car to my local trusty garage for a sanity check. Right front wing has had a small bash at some point and had been repainted. But the knock was not bad enough to snap lugs off in the engine bay so just cosmetic.  I think this means the paint code is likely not too exotic. I might try an Ibis white touch up on some paint chips and see how well it matches. 

Edited by stu9000