Front Camera Part No.

Jamsey1969

I had an electrical burning smell a few days ago then noticed I had no front camera when parking as the screen went blue. I have had a look online for a replacement but not sure of the part no. as they seem to fit multiple models over the VAG. I have a 2014 3.0 tdi Sport SE. If anyone has knowledge of the correct part no. I would appreciate any info.

James

73CE8FB3-620F-460B-82FA-60A4A7166224.jpeg

22 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Hi James before fitting a new camera I'd recommend getting an auto electrican to assess the wiring as the camera failing could have been caused by failing wiring harness 

Ok will do thank you

15 hours ago, Jamsey1969 said:

Ok will do thank you

No probs at all. If there's too much power going through the wiring it could mean an issue elsewhere. 

I had a similar issue with my much older a6

7P6980551C  - £80 on Aliexpress, but if there is a burning smell it may be the module in the boot.  If you do change it, you may need to disconnect the battery first otherwise it may say needs calibration/basic setting if it notices a new one. Maybe the burning smell was a coincidence?