Service intervals

Tony Barnes

13 minutes ago, Tony Barnes said:

I have an 08 2.7 le mans saloon, I last did a service when I bought it on 22nd May 22, how often does it need a service? And will I get a service light come up?

Cheers Tony 

Hi best policy is every 9k or annually whichever comes first.

Steve.

9 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Tony,

How many miles have you done in it since you last serviced it about 11 months ago? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. Do you do your own servicing? 

To be honest without looking at the filters (I write the date and mileage on them) I don't know.

Hello Tony,

If you are doing relatively small annual mileages (and I guess you would have a feel for that irrespective of having to look at your filter writing), then I would also suggest to follow an annual servicing regime. Basics would be inspection and oil, air and pollen filters on year one, and inspection, oil and oil filter on alternate years. 
Apologies for the apparent criticism, but I don’t like your ‘writing on filter’ system ( and presumably not recording that - with receipts elsewhere) since once you change your filters, you don’t have any historical service record of what was done and when - except for the last change. 

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

14 hours ago, Tony Barnes said:

Time to check the filters 

Hi Tony I run my car as a cab so have a look at the pictures of my filters at 9k every changed every three months.

Steve.

IMG_20220722_164701_resized_20220725_063651717.jpg

• Thanks 1