B6 A4 Soft Top Parts

Riggs

Hi all,

I noticed that the head liner rides on top of the first folding hinge mechanism on our soft top. The hinges that are in line with the drivers an passenger seat. Upon further inspection it looks like there should be a plastic guide (or bracket?) there that possibly holds the headliner in place. It looks to be about 100mm long. 
Mine are missing on both sides with only the broken remains left attached to the bolts that secure it to the hinge. 
Does anyone have a name for these parts? I’ve searched but to no avail and I can only seem to find a wiring diagram for the hood as opposed to a mechanical diagram. 

kind regards,

Riggs

Well I think I found them. Roof Arch Reinforcement Arms. Are these normally something that breaks? They are made of plastic I suppose. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I did order some. Waiting for them to arrive. Found them on eBay for £56. 
I see they’re made of plastic so I’m going to see if I can fabricate some out of steel. My only concern is if they’re designed to break if there’s an issue with the soft top. 

I noticed this morning that the rear window defrost doesn’t work. Didn’t notice it before but I haven’t had the car very long. When I press the button on the dash it lights up for a second or two and then goes out. 
possible damaged wire in the boot maybe? I’ll try and trace the wiring this weekend. 

Hello Tommy,

It’s not uncommon for the in-rear-widow elements to fail due to damage. It quite easy to test with a multimeter, before moving on to more complex possibilities.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys. 
I’ll check the wiring at the element first. Was hoping to get to this weekend but my wife wanted to go shopping and then it rained. Will try again next weekend. 
still waiting for the roof arch supports to arrive but I did manage to get the micro switch in the drivers door changed so now the window drops and raises as it should when the door is opened. 
I noticed the esp switch I. The dash looked a bit odd. On further inspection it looks like someone has had it attempted to remove that section of the dash. Now the switch is kind of jammed on the credit card holder drawer. 
Just another thing to add to the list. 
Rear defrost and centre armrest first. 
Did manage to have a bit of nice weather on Sunday to have the top down for a while. That’s the time when you realise why the convertible is so enjoyable  

Edited by Riggs