Roof popping 2cm then nothing

millertime9

I can see replacement motors on eBay for about £140 which is great but daft question... is there a "pump" too? What are the chances it's the motor as opposed to the pump I need replaced?

Thanks

No nobody near who can do one for me

Is it daft me buying a motor just incase it isn't that?

I can get a motor and pump for £280, as opposed to £140 just for motor, am I better doing that?

The fact it pops open a few cm then nothing apparently suggests it's the motor only?

Hello Frankie,

I think you will be throwing good money after bad, by just assuming it’s any one of many components that could be at fault, rather than getting the root cause diagnosed. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

3 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Could them be something jammed in the system which could prevent it opening?

Hi, can you give me some pointers on where to check?

It is weird as it worked fine for a few weeks after buying it then just stopped operating properly and no flashing error light or anything,  just pops then nothing else

I'm struggling to find ant diagrams of where the sensors etc are, can you help?

Edited by millertime9

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Frankie,

I think you will be throwing good money after bad, by just assuming it’s any one of many components that could be at fault, rather than getting the root cause diagnosed. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks, what software do you need to properly diagnose?

Hi we had the same problem and ours was the motor only the roof would unlock lift slightly then nothing a garage in Birmingham did ours and they supply and fit the motors as audi will do the same but they will include hydraulics which wasn’t needed can give you the garage and number but not the cost because our seller paid for it as the fault occurre the day after we purchased it 

4 minutes ago, Lance Evans said:

Hi we had the same problem and ours was the motor only the roof would unlock lift slightly then nothing a garage in Birmingham did ours and they supply and fit the motors as audi will do the same but they will include hydraulics which wasn’t needed can give you the garage and number but not the cost because our seller paid for it as the fault occurre the day after we purchased it 

Hi thanks, I'm in Glasgow though!

Have ordered a motor, hopefully that's all it is

Wonder if it maybe even just needs fluid topped up?

Nightmare to get to it though yo check so will wait for the motor to arrive and check

Any ideas how to top the fluid up?