Q2 how to replace dipped headlight bulb

Mk17

On 19 plate Q2. I have removed 3 fixing screws but can’t disconnect the wiring loom. I can wiggle the headlight but do I push from back or is it hinged one side. There is a QR code on part but won’t read. Video on Utube different old model- HELP please 

AC277AC4-9039-4B1C-A240-40E252C7FB51.jpeg

E7F70B2A-1D9E-4CD3-8FBA-9F75C26AD8AB.jpeg

032F1038-FF6B-4E92-8465-D65CDF2716E5.jpeg

Thanks folk. Sorted for Q2 wheel arch access, then remove oval clipped cover. Feel to remove bulb connector, the use long nose pliers in confined space to remove bulb key way at top. Halogen bulb so use gloves. 

53FCBD96-B2BA-430E-A817-6A3CD39CE202.jpeg

C368E417-20BF-44D8-9B06-D70F0ED5B38E.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Q said:

You might find theres mounting points attaching the headlight to the front panel under the bumper. 

Thanks YouTube showed Older model and fixings. Lucky was unnecessary

• 7 months later...

Hi I struggled to find any useful info on the interweb on changing my daughter's Audi Q2 (2016 UK Model) offside headlight but worked it out in the end from snippets of info on different models. Once I worked it out though a little fiddly it only took a few minutes. It is impossible to access the headlight via the engine bay and I read about people taking drastic action and removing the whole assembly. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THAT! You can access it via the wheel arch.

1. Turn the steering wheel as far to the left as possible to expose a little clip-on hatch in the wheel arch.

2. Unclip the little hatch by just pulling it off.

3. It exposes a metal retaining clip that you pull downwards to release the back cover of the headlight assembly.

4. Now the fiddly bit - Reach up into the housing and locate the rear electrical connection block. You can wiggle it and see the bulb moving slightly through the front of the headlight assembly. Grab it as best you can and pull it firmly and the bulb will come out attached to the block.

5. You can then get manoeuvre the bulb out either through the bottom into the wheel arch or into the engine bay and put in the new one, remembering to wear gloves & not touch the bulb with bare hands as that will reduce the lifespan. I then turned on the lights to check all was ok!

6. Insert back into the housing - I thought it would be difficult but as long as you make sure it is the correct way round it clips back in easily.

7. Replace the cover and push back up the metal clip and then the hatch.

Bobs ya uncle - Total time to do it 10 mins. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ObiWanBasVegas said:

Hi I struggled to find any useful info on the interweb on changing my daughter's Audi Q2 (2016 UK Model) offside headlight but worked it out in the end from snippets of info on different models. Once I worked it out though a little fiddly it only took a few minutes. It is impossible to access the headlight via the engine bay and I read about people taking drastic action and removing the whole assembly. YOU DO NOT NEED TO DO THAT! You can access it via the wheel arch.

1. Turn the steering wheel as far to the left as possible to expose a little clip-on hatch in the wheel arch.

2. Unclip the little hatch by just pulling it off.

3. It exposes a metal retaining clip that you pull downwards to release the back cover of the headlight assembly.

4. Now the fiddly bit - Reach up into the housing and locate the rear electrical connection block. You can wiggle it and see the bulb moving slightly through the front of the headlight assembly. Grab it as best you can and pull it firmly and the bulb will come out attached to the block.

5. You can then get manoeuvre the bulb out either through the bottom into the wheel arch or into the engine bay and put in the new one, remembering to wear gloves & not touch the bulb with bare hands as that will reduce the lifespan. I then turned on the lights to check all was ok!

6. Insert back into the housing - I thought it would be difficult but as long as you make sure it is the correct way round it clips back in easily.

7. Replace the cover and push back up the metal clip and then the hatch.

Bobs ya uncle - Total time to do it 10 mins. Hope this helps.

Thanks for sharing this walkthrough 🙂

• Like 1