heater resistor

coupe4

hello folks,my heaters on my 95 coupe only work on full speed,i suspect its the resistor,anyone know where this is located?also my speedo is on the blink and diagnostics says vehicle speed sensor,is this the sensor on the gearbox?                             any advice appreciated thanks.greg

Hi the resistor will be in the blower box on the side usually in the passenger footwell it will be bolted to the box, the one on the gearbox is the crankshaft speed sensor so that measures crank speed/position.

Steve.

hi steve thanks for the reply,i went looking at the blower motor and the 10 amp fuse was blown so the heaters are working on all settings now,the speedo is coming and going and when i push a certain part of the clocks it seems to work,i took out the clocks and cleaned all the connectors but its still intermittent,its been like this a while but it seems to be getting worse.greg

47 minutes ago, coupe4 said:

hi steve thanks for the reply,i went looking at the blower motor and the 10 amp fuse was blown so the heaters are working on all settings now,the speedo is coming and going and when i push a certain part of the clocks it seems to work,i took out the clocks and cleaned all the connectors but its still intermittent,its been like this a while but it seems to be getting worse.greg

Hi the speedo situation might well be a failing PCB in the unit or a dry soldered joint, best policy would be to enquire with ECU Testing or similar, tell them your problem and they can probably repair it.

Steve.