Classic Audi A6 4.2 Allroad with LPG

I have reluctantly come to the decision that I must give up driving, as my macular degeneration is making it very difficult to see things/people in marginal light conditions, and my insurers have indicated that they are “unable to offer renewal terms for the coming year”. (July onwards)

This means that I am looking for a new home for my much loved Audi A6 Allroad 4.2 litre V8, LPG converted (ULEZ compliant)

LC04EOK

Audi A6 Allroad 4.2 litre V8 LPG converted - bifuel ULEZ compliant)

Milage186,300 MOT till 23/12/2023

Refurbished gearbox fitted by TES Transmissions June 2022 at180,000 miles

Timing chain renewed December 2020 at175,530 miles

Kenwood double din DAB radio fitted (Original CD Changer still in boot but not connected)

LPG tank sits in spare wheel well. Audi inflatable spare available (never been used)

Fitted with Gamaparts 16 inch alloys with 215 /65R16 102V Michelin Cross Climates

Original set of Audi 18 inch Alloys 245/45R8 100Y Goodyear Efficient Grip available

Sliding roof incorporates solar panel that powers ventilation fan when engine not running.

Audi dog guard fitted.

Also available Audi retractable rear cargo divider & Rigid liner for boot area.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 2

Hello Richard, 

Many thanks for joining, and being of a certain age, I sympathise with your need to give up driving - not a good day. 

Thanks for all the details.

Could you please supplement this with your asking price ( as opposed to ‘offers’). 
Good luck in finding a good home for the car.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Glover said:

This Allroad is running beautifully, and I would be reckonimg on another couple of years if I could still drive. I'm looking for £750 ono. The wheels and DAB radio are worth that alone!

WISH I WAS NOT SCINT  AD HAVE HER IN MY COLLECTION   JUST PAID MY INSURANCE TO ON MY CARS   LOL  CARNT MISS MY RENT AGAIN    NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO END MY DRIVING  BE LIKE ARMS CHOPED OFF KEV

• Like 1

Extremely interested in this, my own V8 Allroad import is currently off the road. No haggling on the price, if the original wheels and tyres are included? I can collect easily coming on the train one weekend. 

kind regards 

Mat 

Hi Richard,

I’ve confirmed that the train journey is easy enough, to Salisbury. If you have any interior shots that would be great. I miss mine even though it’s a second car.

kind regards 

Mat

Hi Mat,

No, I haven't sold it. I only saw your first message this morning & have been at a funeral all day! That great you are interested in having it. Original wheels & tyres are included, although I think the 16" ones give a more  comfortable ride! All the other gear listed is also included.

I can put some interior shots on tomorrow afternoon. When were you thinking of coming over to Salisbury?

Kind regards

Richard

Hi Richard,

No problem at all I was just sad I’d possibly missed it! I always wanted to try 16s on mine for the winter so it will be good to have both. I changed plans this weekend as I was not sure of the situation. However, I can be in Salisbury by train on the morning of Sunday the 16th if that works for you? As I said £750 without haggling on my part. I can just bring cash on the day. 

Thanks again, the photos will be much appreciated. I’m a man of my word.

Kind regards

Mat

5 minutes ago, MatAR said:

My thoughts exactly, so I’m collecting it on the 23rd 👍

Good man, keep us posted on how you get on with it 🙂 I do love my c5 even if it does need a rebuild 

Certainly will. I may be the only person with two V8 Allroads? Looking forward to it. My black one has a lot of potential but is currently getting some suspension attention, nothing new there. It’s a very rare spec too. Neither will be my daily, but the blue one I’m planning on using one day a week to keep the miles down on my SQ5. 

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks Kev,

Seems Mat didn’t buy it then, and Richard has taken on board my view that it was indeed worth more than the £750 being asked, and it turns out that the quick ‘disposal price’  has already been exceeded. 
What happened then Mat?

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Magnet said:

Many thanks Kev,

Seems Mat didn’t buy it then, and Richard has taken on board my view that it was indeed worth more than the £750 being asked, and it turns out that the quick ‘disposal price’  has already been exceeded. 
What happened then Mat?

Kind regards,

Gareth.

if i was not scint  i wold gladly pay 2k  for it with lpg worth that all day long   love them    old school cars    ps  anyone need any hoovers drill other stuff i fix them  so anyone need out fixed or vax dyson cordless drils inpact drills and nut  reemoving ones  giz shout lads  lol  i have loads them

• Like 1

Hello Richard,

I’m disappointed that you are disappointed with the forum response. 
As you know, I sent you a PM saying that I thought you were ‘underselling’ this car at your asking price, and suggested you would be better off listing it on eBay. You declined this suggestion, and said you would prefer it to go to an enthusiast, and the money wasn’t important.

Unfortunately, I’m not privy to the outcome of the initial interested reaction on here, so cannot comment, but it’s interesting to hear that you did subsequently follow my advice and list it on eBay - and by what I understand, it is indeed realising more (much?) than what I suggested was your under-selling price. 
I’m pleased for you, but remain displeased with your view that the forum disappointed you. 
Having said all that, I trust you will now be satisfied with the eventual outcome, and I rest happy that although it did not sell on here, you will be successful with following advice offered  via. the forum.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth.