Excessive Tyre Wear

bratbi

Hi I’ve a 2020 A5 edition one.  It is 2.5 years old and has done 22000 miles since new and I’m close to requiring a third set of tyres.  They are Continental ContiSportContact 5P ContiSilent 265/30 R20 94 Y RO1 (same tyre make/model as fitted from new).  I mainly do urban driving and I’m certainly not a boy racer.  The car is front wheel drive so wear is understandably greater on the fronts.  Is anyone else experiencing similar tyre wear rates and can you recommend an alternative tyre with longer wear which doesn’t negatively impact handling or noise?  Thanks

• 4 months later...

I have been running Goodyear Eagle F1 AS3s (245/40 R18) for years on both my old A4 and current A5 getting what I consider to be a respectable 16-18k miles on the front.

Now these tyres have been superseded by the AS5 and AS6 but with all the reviews saying the tyres wear significantly faster, from people like myself who ran the AS3, I'm considering an alternative before I part with the cash and find out for myself.

Having gone through Pirelli P Zeros, Michelin Primacy and Continental Sport Contact in around 10-12k I won't be repeating that experience. 

Nexen has had a mention on here a few times but I have no idea which type to try.

I mainly do motorway miles; if anyone can make a suggestion for alternative brands, it would be much appreciated 🙂