Hole in Side Wall of Boot

bigsteworld

Does anyone know what this hole is for in the passenger side wall of the boot? There isn't one on the other side. I looks like something should go in it but I've no idea what.

I'm intested in finding something to stop my shopping bags from tipping over and sliding about so I thought it might be used for that, somehow?!

BootHole.JPG

I'll have a look tomorrow, it's not a hook for bags though ..

I think there are hooks near the lights at the sides though

Oh, right so I’ve got two aswell but one of them has this strap attached. I thought that was glued on.

So they’re for attaching elastic straps to that you can use to secure a newspaper or a birthday card maybe. I only have one strap, there’s nothing to clip into the upper hole. I guess you don’t have any straps, just two holes so I should think myself lucky.

I’ll have to start getting a newspaper in order that I can realise the full potential of my boot store.

IMG_3702.thumb.jpeg.8d475cd2058d4643af1f5b171ff4e993.jpeg

And I’m back to using those pegs for the shopping bags, if only they were a bit more of a hook than a peg they’d be good. The probably predate ‘bags for life’ with massive handles.

2 hours ago, bigsteworld said:

Oh, right so I’ve got two aswell but one of them has this strap attached. I thought that was glued on.

So they’re for attaching elastic straps to that you can use to secure a newspaper or a birthday card maybe. I only have one strap, there’s nothing to clip into the upper hole. I guess you don’t have any straps, just two holes so I should think myself lucky.

I’ll have to start getting a newspaper in order that I can realise the full potential of my boot store.

IMG_3702.thumb.jpeg.8d475cd2058d4643af1f5b171ff4e993.jpeg

And I’m back to using those pegs for the shopping bags, if only they were a bit more of a hook than a peg they’d be good. The probably predate ‘bags for life’ with massive handles.

Hi I use my A6 as a cab and when you get large cooler bags and a mix of flight bags and big suitcases that strap has saved my bacon a couple of times especially when the shopping contains bottles of wine it stops it flying around the boot when cornering, and believe me when I say they take a lot of action.

Steve.