Clutch and DMF kit

DarrenJC

Hello all, new Audi owner (2013 A6 Sline with 86k) and new forum member. I've been reading up on what to look out for maintenance wise and clutch and DMF has been mentioned quite a bit.

My question is this. My clutch/DMF doesn't need done at the minute but If and when I do need to replace either of these (I'll obviously do both at the same time when either is needed) but is there not an all in one kit for clutch and DMF replacement.

Seems to be plenty of full kits for other vehicle all over the internet but for this model of Audi it's almost £1k in parts to buy a clutch kit and a DMF separate then add your labour on top of that. Apologies if I'm missing something.

D

Hello Darren,

Have you tried searching for the 3 part clutch kit (excluding DMF) in the aftermarket - LUK would be my source? 
Have you confirmed aftermarket availability with LUK Technical? 

Having suggested that, it wouldn’t  surprise me that all components may indeed be main dealer only, but worth investigating properly. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

1 minute ago, Magnet said:

Hello Darren,

Have you tried searching for the 3 part clutch kit (excluding DMF) in the aftermarket - LUK would be my source? 
Have you confirmed aftermarket availability with LUK Technical? 

Having suggested that, it wouldn’t  surprise me that all components may indeed be main dealer only, but worth investigating properly. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth. I haven't investigated it any further than a few internet searches simply because my car doesn't need it at the minute. More of a prepare for what might happen in the future sort of thing and I couldn't believe the prices.

Luk 3 piece clutch kits seem to be coming in at around £350 then add another £580 or so for a DMF. I was just hoping there would be an all in one kit you could buy that included a DMF cheaper than buying separate.

Darren

Thanks Darren, 

I’m probably short on up to the minute experience on availability of 4 piece kits, and really gone on 3 piece as a kit, and the flywheel as a separate part. 

Let’s boil this down:- 

You are fortunate that LUK are marketing a 3 piece kit, so you now have a massive saving over VAG prices.  I wouldn’t any longer assume that these kits are available as the norm - just try current MG for example! 
DMF - less likely to be available as aftermarket, so are you confirming your £580 is the aftermarket price ( bought as a separate item).? 
If so, have you checked the VAG price out of interest, to see what saving you are making there? 
Having 4 pieces in one kit, where the DMF will cost less than £580? Worth contacting LUK Technical to check if such a kit is available. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Darren. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth, appreciate the advice.

I was just checking the usual outlets like Eurocarparts etc. Luk clutch kit (out of stock to be fair) is £359 and Luk flywheel is £584 so we're talking approx £950 in parts alone.

I'm just trying to brace myself for a mammoth bill that could be coming my way in years to come 😔

Thanks Darren,

I couldn’t agree more - homework in anticipation, is king, so are you going to investigate via. LUK Technical whether 4 part kits are available?

ECP? Never been too enthusiastic about them, and their once special discounts on so called retail prices - often still working out dearer than their sister company Car Parts for Less who listed the same part at a lower discount! 

Try Car Parts in Motion, and let us know how their prices compare. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DarrenJC said:

Did the LUK kit for £750 include the dual mass Flywheel and if so, can you remember where you got it?

Yeah that was everything Its 1 full unit buddy can't buy it separately apparently clutch was ok it was dmf knackered knocking badly when a was slowing down.

Also judder when pulling away. 

Garage got luk kit not sure where from.

Screenshot_20230712_193944_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7ba92190e895f22a357ec1a75d576b77.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, a6blacked007 said:

Yeah that was everything Its 1 full unit buddy can't buy it separately apparently clutch was ok it was dmf knackered knocking badly when a was slowing down.

Also judder when pulling away. 

Garage got luk kit not sure where from.

Screenshot_20230712_193944_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7ba92190e895f22a357ec1a75d576b77.jpg

Happy days! At least now I know it comes as one full kit and price wise it sounds a lot better than buying separately. Good man 👍

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Further query on this one. Does anyone have any experience of using this? Is it a direct replacement?

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/luk-dmf-and-clutch-kit-for-2-0-tdi-audi-b8-platform-mvt-gearbox.html

Still find it hard to believe you have to go direct to a dealership for a replacement part such as this (flywheel).

I have contacted this company with reg, VIN etc and they have confirmed this is the kit I'd need but have read on here about certain aftermarket flywheels that haven't fitted or the person has had problems with.

Thanks

DC

5 hours ago, DarrenJC said:

Further query on this one. Does anyone have any experience of using this? Is it a direct replacement?

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/luk-dmf-and-clutch-kit-for-2-0-tdi-audi-b8-platform-mvt-gearbox.html

Still find it hard to believe you have to go direct to a dealership for a replacement part such as this (flywheel).

I have contacted this company with reg, VIN etc and they have confirmed this is the kit I'd need but have read on here about certain aftermarket flywheels that haven't fitted or the person has had problems with.

Thanks

DC

Darkside seem pretty good. For what I need they seem to be the best value for an uprated clutch with dmf. 

• Like 1

They lost part numbers in that link. For example DMF to replace part number XXXXXX but I don't know what part numbers are on my car and if they match up lol.

Then getting someone to fit it is the next headache!!

Hello Darren,

Did you speak with LUK Technical -as advised. They should give you a definitive answer on what is available and what isn’t. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are the OE supplier to VAG. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

11 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Darren,

Did you speak with LUK Technical -as advised. They should give you a definitive answer on what is available and what isn’t. It wouldn’t surprise me if they are the OE supplier to VAG. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

I did Gareth, but didn't hear back from them unfortunately. I'll maybe try again via telephone rather than the online contact form. OE is obviously best but I just wanted to know if there are other options out there that would be a close/direct replacement.

• Like 1

Thanks Darren,

I always find a telephone chat is the best. 
Personally, I wouldn’t use anything other than LUK/ Sachs.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

• Like 2