Missed recall 45F5

LisaN

Been having issues with my A3 diesel car last couple of weeks regarding ABS, ESP, steering control and engine management lights. Car all driving fine. Sent it my mechanic and first diagnostic came back with ignition switch, had thay replaced. Next day all lights back so went back and diagnostic came up with steering angle sensor so had this replaced. Next day all lights came back though do go out after driving for a,short time bit they all do come back. Went back again and now been told its the ABS module. After doing some researching I found out I have an outstanding recall back from 2017. Spoke to my local Audi and its a ESP control software update which if fails they will replace the ABS module. Been told by them that as the recall is over 6 years old I may not have a leg to stand on!

Does anyone know where do I stand with this with Audi. I'm going to be made to pay £144 for a diagnostic with them to find out the issue but was told by the service manager even if it is the issue I may not be covered by the warranty of the part as Audi have never seen it. 

Is this correct

Mileage is 78k. 

Thanks