BZB engine into a CDA car, will it work?

Elijah

Hi so I have a 2008 Audi a3 1.8TFSI with the CDA engine. I’ve bought a BZB engine and fitting it (loom attached already so I didn’t really notice any difference when fitting compared to the old engine). After completing, I ran a diagnostics of the car, code “P164E Oil pressure regulation valve - electrical error” came up. In the low rpm the car is very on and off, and boggy. After looking at the old engine, I found the sensor location, however the BZB engine doesn’t seem to have one. My question is, assuming the standard CDA ecu is sending a request to a sensor that doesn’t seem to exist, would I need to buy a new ecu to compensate for this? 

On 9/4/2023 at 12:33 AM, Elijah said:

Would I be able to buy the cluster and ecu as a set? Or would it still need coding? 

If it all comes from the same car then you should be ok I think. The only problem is, the mileage for your car would be wrong. In my opinion you'd be better getting it all coded to your current cluster