Q7 2016 headlight has becone dim

kamran khan

Hi guys

I am looking for advice on my audi q7 2016 headlight, it is the led matrix headlight and one of the strips has become dim, looks like it has lost power, is there any alternative to this problem, rather that replacing the headlight?

Many thanks 

Cameron

20 hours ago, kamran khan said:

Hi guys

I am looking for advice on my audi q7 2016 headlight, it is the led matrix headlight and one of the strips has become dim, looks like it has lost power, is there any alternative to this problem, rather that replacing the headlight?

Many thanks 

Cameron

Hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news but replacement is the only solution as these units are sealed and no spares are available, mine went the same this year I had to source a second hand unit its HID so its plug in and play, yours will need coding to the car.

Steve.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:13 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi sorry to be the bearer of bad news but replacement is the only solution as these units are sealed and no spares are available, mine went the same this year I had to source a second hand unit its HID so its plug in and play, yours will need coding to the car.

Steve.

Love the q7 but dread anything going wrong..... apart from it being ridiculously expensive for spare parts, they also need coding aswell! Change the battery, needs coding, headlight needs coding..... does everything need coding if it gets changed? And takenit the run of the mill odb won't code headlights, especially if they can't code a new battery unless it's exact like for like.... 

4 hours ago, Pappa583 said:

Love the q7 but dread anything going wrong..... apart from it being ridiculously expensive for spare parts, they also need coding aswell! Change the battery, needs coding, headlight needs coding..... does everything need coding if it gets changed? And takenit the run of the mill odb won't code headlights, especially if they can't code a new battery unless it's exact like for like.... 

Hi most of them are like that, the newer ones are even more complex its all designed to stop Joe average from doing anything themselves, I have VCDS and there are times when its a real mission to do these functions you mentioned especially unforgiving if you don't get the sequence right, it just locks you out, I got lucky being as I bought the entry level A6 and they couldn't be bothered to make coding the headlights a priority it was just a case of plug in and play with just a tickle on the manual adjusters, get this for insane the garage I use had a 16 plate Evoke in, top of the range with a headlight problem on the n/s, the LED bit had blown so the guy who owned it had to fork out £1800 for a new unit and guess what, it needed coding to the car.

Steve.