New to the forum, new to Audi - Hello!

Repeat113

Hi everyone,

I always said I'd never have an Audi (simply because a family member had a nightmare with one years ago) and I'd never have an automatic, but last week I bought a 2008 A4 Avant S-line and I'm absolutely head over heels in love with it and totally converted. WHAT A CAR!! 

I think this is a B7? if anyone can confirm or inform me how to find out I'd really appreciate it.

I got it for a really good price, as it has a couple of minor things to iron out as follows:

- Glow plugs need replacing - I have a friend who is really mechanically competent who thinks we can do this ourselves, so would love to hear from anyone who has done this before and get advice if it is a possible DIY job? If not, I'm happy to take it to my local garage to be sorted.

- CD changer has no power. It's the stock Audi 6 changer model, none of the buttons work, it won't accept CDs. I had to replace the 12v socket fuse, so I I did ponder for a moment if the fuse has blown for this too, however fuse map listings are showing fuse 15 as MMI/radio/CD changer, and the rest of the MMI/Radio functions are working, so surely if it was *that* fuse everything else would be dead too? I'm going to remove the changer tomorrow to check wiring and connections etc.. but if anyone has dealt with this before, again I would be grateful for some wisdom!

Anyway. I'm looking forwards to getting it back up to scratch, aside from the above, it drives immaculately, the car is spotless, and every time I drive it I have a massive grin on my face. My last car was a 28 year old Volvo 850, and as much as I loved it this feels like a supercar in comparison!