Q5. ‘Stabilisation programme fault’.

FrannyB

Id recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. I'm wondering if your battery is failing if it's old as a failing battery can throw up unusual electrical gremlins. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 6:38 AM, Steve Q said:

Id recommend a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up. I'm wondering if your battery is failing if it's old as a failing battery can throw up unusual electrical gremlins. 

Hi Steve thanks for your reply. My battery is reading 12.2v which is a bit low? 

4892 code is showing which I believe has something to do with the EGR valve. 

thanks 

Just now, FrannyB said:

Hi Steve thanks for your reply. My battery is reading 12.2v which is a bit low? 

4892 code is showing which I believe has something to do with the EGR valve. 

thanks 

The previous faults have now cleared but the coil is now flashing. The only way I can reset it by switching the engine off then back on again. 

Hello Francis,

If your battery is reading 12.2 volts then that’s not a good sign of its efficiency, and below par batteries can lead to all sorts of ‘stray’ warning codes. 
My advice would be to first get its efficiency checked. Halfords and others can do this, but please come back to us before committing to buy - if found to be substandard. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1