About to buy a Q5 - Was is anyone's pride and joy? WR16KRN

Giddy72

Hello chums,

I am in the process of buying a Q5, 2.0 TDI Quattro S Line plus, reg WR16KRN and I wondered if one of the two previous owners happened to be on here?

In general it looks a lovely car. I have test driven it and it has 82K on the clock but no rattles or knocks as it drove me up and down the road outside the showroom. The dealer is putting it through its MOT, and from the tinternet it has failed on a CV boot split. Dealer is putting 4 new tires on and will replace the faulty CV boot. Before i transfer the ££££ balance, is there anything specific to this model that I should look for?

Thanks in advance

Hello Gideon,

Well done for doing your homework, and there’s an off chance that someone on here may know of it.
It appears the last owner has had it for almost four years, so that’s a positive. 
It was first registered in the Bristol area, so at least it’s remained in the West Country - we believe.
Have you obtained a copy of the on line service history, by contacting a local Audi dealer? 
4 new tyres sounds fine, but did you view it with the old tyres still fitted, so you have an idea of the evenness of tyre wear? 
Have you checked whether the dealer is fitting budget tyres or better tyres. If budget, have you considered making a contribution  towards ensuring  mid or premium range tyres are fitted instead? 
The on-line MOT history service appears to be offline at the moment - I guess you’ve checked that and now have a good idea whether advisories have been attended to annually. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 
p.s. I’ll delete the duplicate for you. 

Service book should be stamped to prove servicing. Now depending if this is on long life servicing or not will depend on the amount of stamps. Longlife is 2 years 20k if memory serves correctly whereas the other option Is once a year at 12 or 10k. I'm going from memory though. 

Also you'll want to see if there's any proof of the gearbox oil being changed, especially if it's an auto. This goes for the quattro system too. 

Do all electrical items work? 

Any proof of Cambelt and water pump change? 

Or any evidence in service history of the egr or dpf being changed. As these 2 are expensive if they go wrong 

Egr = exhaust gas recirculation valve 

DPF = Diesel particulate filter 

Both of these can get clogged and break. They're both about £1000 to replace. DPF goes wrong on diesels that do short journeys only. 

All diesel cars post 2009 have them. 

Thanks Gideon,

What does the screen shot tell you in terms of when services were carried out? 

The degree of service history will of course be very important.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. No service books for a 2016 Steve - all recorded on the computer system? 

4 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Thanks Gideon,

What does the screen shot tell you in terms of when services were carried out? 

The degree of service history will of course be very important.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. No service books for a 2016 Steve - all recorded on the computer system? 

Good question Gareth, not sure if it's electronic or not.