egr problem

coupe4

good morning folks and a happy christmas to everyone,im looking for some advice,i bought a 2014 A5 last week its a nice car and im happy with it but the egr valve is sendeing on the eml and the vcds is showing code P0401 00,insufficient flow.

now it was parked up for a few months so ive put in a cleaning additive and am using the car as much as possible,theres no problem with power.my question is should i get the valve replaced with a new one or get it blanked?i dont know much about this system of mapping it out and wonder will it effect the emissions when i nct [mot]the car.

thanks in advance and have a peaceful christmas and new year.GREG

Hello Gregg,

Many thanks for the Christmas wishes, and returned best wishes. 
Sorry to hear of your issue, and I might be a lone voice in suggesting not to remove the EGR valve.

In knowledge that it has been parked up for a few months, I would be treating it to a few gallons of best fuel, keep adding some fuel additive, and use it an stretch it’s legs with reasonably high rev. runs, and see what happens. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

hi gareth,thanks for the reply,im leaning towards that route anyway i think, but its always good to get a second opinion.

im going to try drive it over the holidays and hopefully itll clear itself out,ill keep the forum updated.thanks again Greg.

• Like 1