Luton Airport Fire

Hi All

Although not specifically 'Audi' (there must be many other Audi owners affected) I lost my beloved Audi A4 Avant in the Luton Airport Car Park 2 Fire in October 2023.

I must say that the insurance company acted very quickly and efficiently and I had a reasonable payout within 2 weeks. But of course the car was worth far more to me than the book value - I owned the car for 10 years (250k miles) and never had any problems with reliability. And it always costs to purchase another vehicle - travelling, viewing, time out of work etc. But the biggest loss was the value of the contents in the car. Things like a dashcam, a quite expensive all weather coat, boots, tools - even things like air pump, tyre pressure gauge, about 50 CD's, it all adds up. I estimate that there was over £1000 worth of personal effects in there.

So the question is - does anyone know if there is a class action being launched by any large legal firm in respect of personal belongings, trauma, inconvenience etc? I had a quick scan on google but nothing popped up.

Now the proud owner of another Audi A4 Avant 2.0TDi but a couple of years newer - gone automatic now...

I look forward to hearing any good news... 

I can't say I've heard anything of the sort yet. But I know they were investigating the vehicle owner of the car that caught fire on criminal damage charges etc.