Clutch replacement

Saviola

Hi Folks,

Had my A4 nearly 2 years now, just shy of 60k miles. 1.4tfsi manual.  I’m planning a long road trip this summer and am planning on changing clutch prior to the trip. 3000mile trip each way. 

My clutch biting point is pretty high and i get a judder when lifting off at times. 

My question is can i buy after market clutch kit? I’ve had a look on euro car parts and others, no one seems to supply the part other than direct from Audi.

Also do you tend to change flywheel along with the clutch? 

How much have you spent on this type of job?

TIA.

Regrettably, it’s not that uncommon for aftermarket part supplies to be stifled - try buying and factor parts for current MG for example!  
As Steve says, your best course of action will be to ring ( not e-mail) LUK Technical, if you want the exact current situation. 
As we have seen on other recent posts, 3 part clutches are generally - but not always - available via. the above, but the dual mass flywheels are quite often a main dealer part only, and of course they know what to charge fir them!

Back to the reason for changing the clutch - ? Folks seldom change clutches because they think they may give issue ( Audi and judder seem to be bedfellows). 
Alternative:- ensure you have an equate breakdown and recovery to ensure the car gets repatriated. 
ECP and listings/ variations/ availability- personally, I don’t favour them, particularly since their once so called discounts are generally not available any more. I’ve used Car Parts in Motion to good effect ( no connection), but you can’t beat talking directly to the manufacturer/ supplier. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on Sav. 
Kind regards, 

Gareth. 

Interestingly i did find a DMF in the LUK catalog online for my car but no clutch kit. Frustrating but will see if a phone call helps.

I do have full Europe breakdown cover which is always handy! 

it will likely be toward the summer when i get the work done. If i do have any joy supplying parts outside of main dealer will definitely be back to share how!

Cheers Darryl, looks like the sellers from Germany. Funnily enough I'm driving out there next month.

Any idea if i can get my part number without taking the gearbox apart? 

Thanks.

Very useful info. Please be aware that these kits do not appear to include the offending ‘release bearing’ component. 
So it does appear that LUK are supplying to the aftermarket, certainly in Germany - in U.K. 

As has been said before, the definitive answer lies just a phone call away with making contact with LUK Technical. It wouldn’t surprise me that they maybe able to correctly identify the correct one from the VIN. 
Perhaps you could let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.