Rear wiper connector/hose broken. 4K9955407B

Go to solution Solved by Daniel Ralph,

Anyone know the parts diagrams for the rear wiper ? 4K9955407B

Its got a hose running the length of the rear wiper and the plastic connector under the cap has broken a bit and needless to say, wiper fluid just dribbles down the back logo.

The rear wiper cap is solid, so its not the type that has the nozzle under the cap. As I mentioned its connected a 10cm hose that has the jet/nozzole at the end. about half way along the rear wiper blade.

IMG_8860.jpg

IMG_8861.jpg

IMG_8862.jpg

5 hours ago, Daniel Ralph said:

Anyone know the parts diagrams for the rear wiper ? 4K9955407B

Its got a hose running the length of the rear wiper and the plastic connector under the cap has broken a bit and needless to say, wiper fluid just dribbles down the back logo.

The rear wiper cap is solid, so its not the type that has the nozzle under the cap. As I mentioned its connected a 10cm hose that has the jet/nozzole at the end. about half way along the rear wiper blade.

IMG_8860.jpg

IMG_8861.jpg

IMG_8862.jpg

Hi the nozzle that is under the cap is probably sold as a repair section as the nozzle would have to unplug from the top of the wiper spindle to facilitate removal of the wiper arm, try the dealers.

Steve.

9 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi the nozzle that is under the cap is probably sold as a repair section as the nozzle would have to unplug from the top of the wiper spindle to facilitate removal of the wiper arm, try the dealers.

Steve.

It’s the black round connector. It pushes onto the wiper outlet and the hose.

looks straight forward to replace. Currently screen wash just dribbles straight out the bottom when it’s actioned.

i’ll try the dealer. Wish me luck. They wanted £90 just to talk to me about enabling myself as key user… it took 5 minutes over the phone with Audi UK and they remote video checked my passport & V5 over the phone - very neat and “free” obviously 

IMG_8872.jpeg

IMG_8873.png

IMG_8869.jpeg

IMG_8871.jpeg

IMG_8870.jpeg

15 hours ago, Daniel Ralph said:

It’s the black round connector. It pushes onto the wiper outlet and the hose.

looks straight forward to replace. Currently screen wash just dribbles straight out the bottom when it’s actioned.

i’ll try the dealer. Wish me luck. They wanted £90 just to talk to me about enabling myself as key user… it took 5 minutes over the phone with Audi UK and they remote video checked my passport & V5 over the phone - very neat and “free” obviously 

IMG_8872.jpeg

IMG_8873.png

IMG_8869.jpeg

IMG_8871.jpeg

IMG_8870.jpeg

Hi just go in the dealers throw it at the parts guy and say got one of these, no sense in paying £90 to talk to an idiot, become a cab driver like me and the idiots pay you.

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone with an Audi 2019+ wouldn’t mind taking a look at their rear wiper to see if it has a hose running its length 10cm with a nozzle at the end ?

Either mines a one-off or they ditched the idea after manufacture.

the “standard” Audi rear wiper just squirts screenwash up through 2 holes in the cap. Which is what I’ll buy for £8 off eBay at this rate. LOL.

Welcome back to Audi ownership where life is neither cheap nor easy.

PS the local dealer want £120 for a whole new wiper arm.

Hello Daniel,

Apologies if this isn’t going to be practical - always difficult to gauge from photos- but can’t you sleeve a suitable small dia. brass/ hard plastic etc. pipe down into the section in the tailgate, leaving enough to push the plastic piece over. 
Obviously you would need to find a suitable dia. sort stub of pipe, or get one turned down. Thoroughly clean both pieces and Araldite the sleeve pipe in. 
Easiest way to measure the OD you will need is to carefully insert a drill bit etc. until you find one which is a snug fit. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Ralph said:

If anyone with an Audi 2019+ wouldn’t mind taking a look at their rear wiper to see if it has a hose running its length 10cm with a nozzle at the end ?

Either mines a one-off or they ditched the idea after manufacture.

the “standard” Audi rear wiper just squirts screenwash up through 2 holes in the cap. Which is what I’ll buy for £8 off eBay at this rate. LOL.

Welcome back to Audi ownership where life is neither cheap nor easy.

PS the local dealer want £120 for a whole new wiper arm.

Hi buy the eBay version, the part number you gave is for the whole arm which apparently fits the A3,Q3,A4,A6 for that year its good old globalisation, one part fits all and depending on what model you have the price is higher between A3-A6 the A6 part will cost more, I bought my Audi in 2019 and its been a constant battle with the parts but as soon as you rip the only way is Audi theory to shreds its like Ray bans on a sunny day you can see it for what it is, it took me a while to work it out that they the same as all manufacturers buy their parts off the peg from people like Lemforder,Febi,ATE and have their name stuck on the unit but if you look carefully at the unit it normally has the real manufacturers part number and hey presto using that number its a hell of a lot cheaper, Audi are a mixture of Jabba the Hut with the greed and and Gary Glitter with molesting your wallet, my rear wiper motors of which I have had three are made by Valeo they all do the same thing and allow water to run back down the spindle and past the rubber seal and rot the control box out rendering it useless, Audi wanted £300 for the motor and £30 for the grommet seal, end result eBay £125 the motor and £12 for the grommet, a good place to look for part numbers is LLL car parts they have all the diagrams for your model and when you have the number go fishing on eBay or contact Parts in motion they have just about everything in O.E.grade parts, so it wont be as expensive as you think. I bet your motor is the same as mine.

Steve. 

• Like 1

I've ordered from LLL parts

4K9955985 Nozzle with 2 jets

4K9955205 Cap (with 2 small holes)

After I've fitted I'll post a photo and "mark as solution". hopefully this might help someone else frustrated that Audi After Production don't supply parts for their rear wipers other than a generic.

I'll also let my local Audi Dealer know the part numbers above as they are very insistent that I need to buy a whole arm for £100 instead of the 2 parts for £15

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Hello Daniel,

Apologies if this isn’t going to be practical - always difficult to gauge from photos- but can’t you sleeve a suitable small dia. brass/ hard plastic etc. pipe down into the section in the tailgate, leaving enough to push the plastic piece over. 
Obviously you would need to find a suitable dia. sort stub of pipe, or get one turned down. Thoroughly clean both pieces and Araldite the sleeve pipe in. 
Easiest way to measure the OD you will need is to carefully insert a drill bit etc. until you find one which is a snug fit. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

This did cross my mind, but i'd need to find/replace the inner black plastic ring from the above photos and given how much pressure the water must put on it, and the vibration. Plus the opportunity for araldite to go everywhere and make more of a mess. I think replacing the elbow connector with the nozzle variety and the cap with 2 holes is what I'll try first. £15.

4K9955205
4K9955985

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

How can I edit my title and post ?

4K9 955 405A

The above part is for the whole wiper arm with the hose/washer. £50 from LLL parts. I pulled the black plastic connector off and put it on the existing. 

Shame you can't just buy the connector (or better, the dealer should sort nonsense like this out for "free"  - after all it is a £75,000 car as part of customer service)

IMG_9203.thumb.jpg.74b95f7e43a9bd63b1452fd48784eace.jpgIMG_9202.thumb.jpg.0def113842716c918b3b63cc4f73e81f.jpg

On 1/22/2024 at 3:24 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Daniel,

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks for replying. I bought 4K9 955 405 A. Whole wiper arm for £50 off LLL. I just swapped the little black plastic connector.

The Audi Parts diagram is truly awful. I thought I was looking for the "B" part. Shame the Audi Dealer wouldn't give me the part number to help me find actual pictures.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:13 PM, Waldo said:

There is a design fault with this wiper washer. Constantly blocks and detaches. Audi not interested. 

Thanks. Just an update to MARKED SOLUTION. Whilst the black connector was broken and I replaced this. Turns out the rubber tube (which has pin prick holes along it) and jet nozzle at the end of the tube was blocked too. So I've replaced the tube/nozzle & connector. All working now!

Which was fun as I obviously ran out of washer fluid during testing, which made me think I was going mad. LOL

Hopefully the rear wiper will last another 5 years. £50 for a rear washer arm every 5 years is not the most expensive Audi bill I've had. It sounds like the motor and the tubing are future "opportunities".