Disappointing forum - too much trouble to respond?

audi999

30 minutes ago, audi999 said:

Not sure if that's a dig at what seemed like a perfectly reasonable original post, or at those who criticised the OP (me) for not contributing, despite not yet owning a Q5.

Please feel free to make suggestions on how the forum can improve. I trust if you purchase a Q5 you'll become an active member? 

Also I did offer some advice which hasn't been acknowledged.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Please feel free to make suggestions on how the forum can improve. I trust if you purchase a Q5 you'll become an active member? 

Also I did offer some advice which hasn't been acknowledged.  

You did, and it's appreciated. I will indeed become an active member. Modern cars are complex and a little knowledge can go a long way. It's often possible to learn more from other owners than from main dealers, who can be less helpful, and sometimes, less knowledgeable.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, audi999 said:

You did, and it's appreciated. I will indeed become an active member. Modern cars are complex and a little knowledge can go a long way. It's often possible to learn more from other owners than from main dealers, who can be less helpful, and sometimes, less knowledgeable.

Thank you.  Don't go there, the current issue facing new Audi customers is ordering cars with certain standard kit like matrix headlights and then the cars not turning up with the kit. 

Make sure all electrical.itrms work especially AC and mmi. The latter can often need an update from main dealer. 

Also if you want sat nav, make sure it has it fitted as standard as it's an expensive retrofit otherwise. 

Oh and make sure adaptive cruise control works as failed cameras and modules can cost thousands to replace/repair 

Thanks again John for your understanding. I think through all of this, lessons have to be learnt, and as I keep saying you are indeed right - the forum interchange between members is restricted to a relative few, and is unfortunately dwarfed by the number of quests for assistance. 
Let me come clean - my non-Audi is a Jaguar, the current being the fourth in as many decades, and I have first hand knowledge of the member to member interchange (and banter) on the forum there - it is great, albeit often off topic! , but it is an interchange. So I know full well what you mean. If only we could encourage such interchange on here. 
It’s pleasing to hear you intend to buy a Q5, and I wish you well in your search, and we really hope the forum maybe of some use to you once you have found the right one. 
Take care. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 2

Many thanks Jason, but I still find myself rather perplexed by any connection, but let’s put that down to my simple lack of understanding. 
I’m not aware of any fighting on here, and any differences of opinion have always been freely and amicably aired, and respected on all sides - it’s what we do! 
Anyway, thank you again Jason. 

11 hours ago, jasonj said:

Hi Gareth , exactly ... " its wot we do ".

Anyway ,  referring to the main body of this post . There may be reasons as to why there have not been any respondents, these being , the title of the post itself 

( Disappointing forum -too much trouble to respond ? )  this could , and indeed was perceived  ( by me ) as a direct , negative declaration from the outset .

There are other factors to consider , those being, this vehicle would be driven  by a demographic that would not respond to an aggrieved posting .

Those who did respond to the post , did so in good faith, and those people were criticised and comments taken out of context or misconstrued , misunderstood even .

All of the contributors along with the Author have raised valid points . The contributors in this post are knowledgeable, dedicated , hard working , experienced people , who offer their time to help others . Jasonj

Couldn't agree more 👍

• Like 1