Satnav Map update

SimonM

Hi guys, I’m looking at updating my satnav maps only, is this data read from the SD, or do  we load the new update into the MMI then replace the original SD card back into SD slot !  
My correct SD date is dated 2012 ( same year as the car ) so my next question is, dose the card contain the complete Satnav programme , or just the maps ??? 

thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hi Steve, thanks I’ve contacted Audi, have quoted £304 + VAT !!!  I was looking to find a reliable cheaper option !

cheers

Simon

Hi Simon,

I believe the maps are released every 6 months.  Personally, i wouldn't bother with Audi map updates, and just get a mount for your phone.  Waze or google maps or similar are constantly up to date and provide good traffic info, etc, most importantly FREE.

Just my thought.

Thanks, Joe

• Like 1

I used Satnavishop.co.uk to update my 2014 A6 allroad with 3G+ MMI. "David" was extremely helpful, answered every "help" email within an hour, and they sorted all the hiccups easily. Hiccups were unusual, it seems, as some other work had resulted in some of the MMI already being updated, but no-one knew... least of all me. !!

• 2 weeks later...

I use Waze, BUT what I will say is that the central screen I hate the OEM maps but the turn by turn features it adds to my screen (Between my rev counter and mph counter) are probably the best and simplest Sat Nav directions ever.

I'm tempted to upgrade mine just so I can use Waze for most of the navigation and then the center dash for the turn by turn stuff when inside cities, towns or areas I'm not that familiar with.

Thanks for the infomation ENTWOOD. I'll be contacting them soon.