Boot opening by itself

Geppi

Quite a number of times I have returned to my Q5 to find the boot open. Initially I thought I had activated the fob inadvertently, but yesterday it opened as I approached the car and was some distance away. Today I woke up to find the boot was open again. The fob doesn't seem sensitive as it takes quite a force to depress it. Anyone else experienced this and have a solution please.  

My A4 was always doing this and it was the fob being too sensitive to the touch. My Q5 button must be pressed twice to open the boot, much better. I don't know whether you can programme yours to do the same to eliminate this?

Thanks for that. The only thing is I don't appear to be anywhere near the car when it opens. I must have been at least 50 metres away when it last happened. The guy collecting the trolleys in Tesco told me it opened as he passed the car. I've now isolated the external button but can't see what else I'm able to adjust. The fob on my Q5 needs to be depressed a full second to open the boot so it is quite baffling.

11 hours ago, Geppi said:

Thanks for that. The only thing is I don't appear to be anywhere near the car when it opens. I must have been at least 50 metres away when it last happened. The guy collecting the trolleys in Tesco told me it opened as he passed the car. I've now isolated the external button but can't see what else I'm able to adjust. The fob on my Q5 needs to be depressed a full second to open the boot so it is quite baffling.

Mine did it, on a regular basis, from inside the house, around 30 metres away.

So you think it was activated from your fob, because I'm concerned about leaving the car anywhere in the event it opens. If its definitely the fob, I can cope with that. Thanks  again, for the reply 

Definitely must likely the fob being leant on. Alternatively if you want a peace of mind you could get a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up