Engine issue

Stuey.b

2016 A4..pulled away from lights and changed into 2nd. Felt a slight pop from engine and felt a grinding feeling under my clutch foot. Leaking coolant badly and sounds like a tractor now. No oil leaking as far as I can see, all belts are still on. Any clues guys? Total mechanical dummy here..

I'd be getting this to a garage asap, and I wouldn't be starting it up unless it's being inspected by a garage. It needs a diagnostic check to see if any fault codes flag up at the very least. 

• Thanks 1

Not sure exactly where it’s coming from, definitely drivers side (rh) from the bottom portion of the engine. So many covers/stoneguards in the way plus it was night time. Couldn’t get to look at it during daylight as I’m out all week (HGV driver). I’m just hoping it isn’t terminal or stupidly expensive 🤞🤞

Thanks Stuart,

I would suggest you get the car into a trusted garage without delay - having topped up the coolant to fill the reservoir to get it there, and stopping regularly to carefully top it up. Take extreme care when  removing the cap, when the system is hot, since it will be under pressure - use a heavy rag to put over the cap and to protect your hand. Apologies if you already know that. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Thanks 1