Drivers Door lock

Help!! Purchased nearly new (oct 2023) 1300 ml exDemo, from Audi dealer (long distance away) and find that drivers door does not always open on first pull from inside. Cannot find anything about this in the handbook and checked info on mmi to no avail under central locking. Have booked in car 2wks time for diagnostic but hopefully this is not an electrical fault. On one occasion got locked in until I pressed unlock on key fob. Any help greatly accepted before I contact roadside assistance who sorted out an alarm problem on my previous A6 which I also bought nearly new 6 yrs ago.

Hello Mike,

Surely the only worry you have is the inconvenience of taking the car to the main dealer in 2 weeks time, and there isn’t any need for you to be concerned about the reason for the issue - should all be sorted under the warranty. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, thanks for your reply 

I was just hoping to save a 40mile round trip journey (diagnostic and order up a part) if someone out there had the same problem and maybe it is something simple that I have missed on the MMI.  My previous 2017 A6 did not have the same technology. However, my wife did read on an audi forum (cannot find it now) that a lady had the same problem but could not replicate it at the dealership but fortunately the cocky technician managed to lock both of them in the car when testing opening the door from the inside!   I have read of other vehicle makes (older) having the same issue as myself. The problem with mine is its intermittent and annoying if you are in a hurry to leave the car.  The front passenger door seems ok but have not yet tested the rear doors.  In my previous car as a matter of routine I would hit the unlock switch for all doors if I had passengers. 

Kind regards

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Ok thanks for reply.  Took it to main dealer and of course diagnostic test did not reveal malfunction so advised to monitor it.  However, later I did notice that if I pull handle hard it seems to stop it from locking but I still do not think this should be necessary so will see how it goes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steamengine said:

Ok thanks for reply.  Took it to main dealer and of course diagnostic test did not reveal malfunction so advised to monitor it.  However, later I did notice that if I pull handle hard it seems to stop it from locking but I still do not think this should be necessary so will see how it goes.

Keep us posted on how you get on 🙂