Audi A6c8 rear spring lower mounting corrosion

Hi so my car has just turned 4 years old and it’s been to Audi for its 2nd MOT. It passed but had an advisory for Offside Rear Lower Coil spring mounting corroded but not seriously weakened! 
They want £320 to change it ! £18 part which is a rubber mount with a aluminium strengthening plate mounded into it that corrodes! Great idea not . 
So has anyone else had any issues yet? 

Hi, 

I had the same problem on my 2017 a4 allroad last year, 

same place, o/s/r lower, I had mine replaced at an independent

v w garage  at just over £100.

p.s. my brother, who has the identical car had his go as well on

the o/s/r/    seems funny it is always the o/s/r. that goes.

• Like 1

Never had a issue with my 2017 A5 and my father in law has that now , does seem very poor for an Audi just turned 4 year old to have issues like this already, cars only done 28k ! 
 I have found a guy with YouTube that found the same problem when changing his spring on a A4 funny enough 

7 hours ago, Mickwillow said:

Never had a issue with my 2017 A5 and my father in law has that now , does seem very poor for an Audi just turned 4 year old to have issues like this already, cars only done 28k ! 
 I have found a guy with YouTube that found the same problem when changing his spring on a A4 funny enough 

Hi its quite a common problem mostly the rubber bit rotting out but if I were you I would take heed of the term not seriously weakened, get under the back clean the alloy bit with a small wire brush and then give it a coat of Waxoyl that will keep the rot at bay for years, did mine when I first got it 2019 and they were still good four years later.

Steve.

• Like 1