Recommended Oil

WMMSK00

Hi, whats the best oil for my Audi tt 1.8 TFSI, it covers around 1,200 miles per annum, would it be ok to change the oil every 2 yrs

Welcome, and thanks for joining Michael.

I’ve always used VAG’s brand - Quantum - and see no reason to try anything else. 
Check that the grade required is 5w/30. I always buy from reputable sellers on eBay, and order the Longlife 3. 
Would suggest using Mann or similar (German branded) filters, and yes, I would change every two years. I cover about the same mileage in a non- Audi, used only for summer months, and that is my regime for that car. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

Post and run! 

Joined April 3rd - posted plea for help on April 3rd - not returned since to review any responses. 

Time taken to construct replies is free of charge, but it is time consuming! 

Best we can hope for is the information maybe of help to others. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Post and run! 

Joined April 3rd - posted plea for help on April 3rd - not returned since to review any responses. 

Time taken to construct replies is free of charge, but it is time consuming! 

Best we can hope for is the information maybe of help to others. 

Hi Gareth I appreciate your sentiment but realistically I doubt it will make a difference to more than a minority as most of these one post wonders can't even be bothered to look through the legions of post on this wonderful site to see if there is already an answer to their question, NO its far easier just to wait for some poor soul to to spoon feed the answer to them, I find this situation intolerable and on a personal level endorses my opinion that charging a small joining fee would eradicate the free loaders and any funds gathered from serious users would help with the costs of this forum, I have joined a few forums in my time and all required a subscription with the exception of some Ford forums, over the last couple of years the formulae for this situation has become blindingly apparent these people buy these cars in the blind belief that the Audi never goes wrong, someone told them that and its what they wanted to hear, most of the members on here all know that statement to be far from the truth, thats why they are here and after their own problems are solved actively engage in trying to help others, I have noticed lately that a couple of new members have posted the problem and the solution to that problem that they have worked out for themselves, we could definitely do with more members with that mind set.

Steve. 

• Like 2