2017 A4 42,000 miles needing a new clutch? Question

RyanC88

Hi

Long story short I PCP'd an A4 back in 2017 and sold it in 2021. I've had a VW Tiguan on PCP since but decided I preferred my A4 and didn't want to be on PCP anymore so I've sold it and have bought a used 2017 A4 Black Edition 1.4 TFSI with 42,000 miles on clock. 

When test driving it, the clutch biting point was really really high. The dealer popped it into their garage and agreed the clutch needed replacing which they have agreed to do before I collect the car. I thought it seemed odd for it to go with on 42,000 on clock? Anyone else had a clutch issue on these?

Many thanks

Ryan 

8 minutes ago, RyanC88 said:

Hi

Long story short I PCP'd an A4 back in 2017 and sold it in 2021. I've had a VW Tiguan on PCP since but decided I preferred my A4 and didn't want to be on PCP anymore so I've sold it and have bought a used 2017 A4 Black Edition 1.4 TFSI with 42,000 miles on clock. 

When test driving it, the clutch biting point was really really high. The dealer popped it into their garage and agreed the clutch needed replacing which they have agreed to do before I collect the car. I thought it seemed odd for it to go with on 42,000 on clock? Anyone else had a clutch issue on these?

Many thanks

Ryan 

Hi you are buying something someone else has been driving so unless you know them and their driving style its very possible, there is an old girl that uses the garage I do that gets through a clutch on her Corsa about every six months, they have the burnt and buckled remains of the worst one like a trophy on the workshop wall.

Steve.

Hi Ryan,

I own a Audi A3 TFSI it is a 2013 model and I bought it with 28,000 mile and it needed a clutch so they replaced it before I bought it, yes I think it depends who owned car before you they were probably riding the clutch which wore it out quicker!!