Fuel sender unit leak when car is full

Stueymit

I filled the car up today (2011 audi a4 avant quattro) and later on I've noticed a big leak coming from the fuel sender unit to down in front if the rear wheel, the unit was changed recently but I have noticed that there is a third hole on top of the unit? Is this the wrong unit or is there supposed to be a plug in on the spare outlet to cover the hole? Any help would be much appreciated. TIA

20240426_194016.jpg

18 minutes ago, Stueymit said:

I filled the car up today (2011 audi a4 avant quattro) and later on I've noticed a big leak coming from the fuel sender unit to down in front if the rear wheel, the unit was changed recently but I have noticed that there is a third hole on top of the unit? Is this the wrong unit or is there supposed to be a plug in on the spare outlet to cover the hole? Any help would be much appreciated. TIA

20240426_194016.jpg

Hi its the sealing ring, most likely they did not change it with the unit problem being that you have to buy the seal separately and they are quite expensive, its either the seal or they have damaged the locking ring that holds the pump in when they re tightened it, the third hole looks like a breather, easiest way to check is get a small length of wire and push it into the hole and see if it bottoms out, if it does its the seal.

Steve.

• Like 1

Hiya thanks so much for getting back to me, I'll have a look later on, hopefully an easy fix at least. Cheers

Stuart.