Recommended psi for 19inch wheels

Neggs

Hi there

Went to check my tyre pressures and looked at the sticker on the door. For my tyre size it recommends 42psi for the front and 39psi for the rear. The tyre size is 245/35 R19. It seems a lot to me, I know that Audi should know what they are doing when giving recommended tyre pressures but I just want other opinions on this. The tyres aren’t continentals anymore so I’m wondering if it’ll be different for non conti tyres. Any input would be great.

Hello Neil,

Sorry about being pedantic, but when you say ‘For my tyre size…’ could you confirm that is indeed for listed 245/35/19 and not just for some other 19 tyre? 
As you will appreciate, 35 profile tyres are an extremely low profile, so may well need that high tyre pressure. If however everything is correct in terms of exact tyre size and psi , all I can add is that this car is going to ride as if it’s on solid tyres! 
Perhaps you an come back to us Neil.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

p.s. XL tyres? 

The owners manual says 39 psi front and 36 psi rear for normal load (driver).

Owners manual says 41 psi is for a fully loaded vehicle and that is the number on the tire inflation sticker. These aren’t for the super low profile tyres like yours though.

Hello Arun,

Thanks for joining and for the burst of replies to posts in such a short space of time - indeed, in this case before the OP has returned to the forum to respond to some necessary clarification. 
You are indeed ahead by stating the ‘owners manual says….’ which I take it you have sight of -? I could be wrong, but my belief is that in recent years, recommended tyre pressures are displayed on  sticker on the car rather than within the handbook, but… 

I think the forum can only respond once we have confirmation from the OP, that the tyres fitted to his car, are indeed a correct option size. 
I notice you are in the U.K. Arun, but rather confusing that you are using the American spelling of ‘tire’ rather than our tyre. Any particular reason? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth.

Apologies my spelling isn’t the best. I did mean tyre. I am from the UK but have previously lived in the US.

So my brother (lives in US) has a 2019 e-tron and he has a tyre pressure table in his manual. He sent me a picture for the numbers for 19 inch alloys as he has these. You are correct in that most cars now have it on the sticker to be fair.

Thanks Arun. We have to be careful in respect to what we quote. 
Surely quite a difference between an A4 and an e-Tron. 
Shame the OP hasn’t returned to view the responses and give us some clarification.

Kind regards,

Gareth.