Amalfi Coast in an old A3 cabriolet?!

Red Veronica

Hello all, new to the forum. Apologies if this post is in wrong place! Question for those with more experience than me owning older audis who have done grand tours:

Just purchased 58 plate A3 cabriolet, 83000 on the clock, fsh, well looked after…..i want to take her from the New Forest right down to Sorrento. And back! Viable or a ludicrous idea?!?!?!IMG_5906.thumb.jpeg.a40956d7f88de6179edf24749113c436.jpeg 

Hello Thomas,

Certainly viable in my book! 
If it were mine, I would totally ignore the FSH, and irrespective of when the last service was clone, I would be getting a comprehensive service carried out by a trusted local garage before departing. Equip yourself with a reputable get-car-and-yourself- home-by direct-route breakdown cover, and relax and enjoy it. 
Having said that, driving the Amalfi coast would not be for me! I have an issue with heights. 
Look up an old film - ‘Chase a Crooked Shadow’ - enjoyable suspense and well worth a watch. 
Prepare for the journey and enjoy. 
Let us know how you get on. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

If the car is in good shape and has been well cared for then I see no problem in driving there and back. However I would test its condition well in advance of the holiday by putting it under stress on a long fast drive of at least half an hour. That should reveal any defects to be sorted out before departure.