A5 fire!!!!

Sand.and

Thanks Toonsoldier for the link, but the original post, and the majority of the posts after this relate to 2011-2012 vehicles, which Audi are not recalling according to the link.

I still think this post should remain where it is as its obviously being seen by people here. ADMIN, please confirm its staying put.

3 hours ago, Sand.and said:

Thanks Toonsoldier for the link, but the original post, and the majority of the posts after this relate to 2011-2012 vehicles, which Audi are not recalling according to the link.

I still think this post should remain where it is as its obviously being seen by people here. ADMIN, please confirm its staying put.

Just came across it and thought it maybe helpful 

Update from Audi, I took my car into Audi to fix the issues from the fire, they did a great job and it cost me a arm and a leg as you would expect but what I did not expect is they are going to refund me the cost of the repairs because of the recall notice someone posted here. So thank you very much cant believe they are going to cover the repairs- its like a Christmas gift - Thanks to the guy who posted the recall notice. (2015 A5)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Let me update where this stands, Audi sent out the recall notice and filled out a boat load of paperwork and told me they would refund the money it took to fix all the issues from the fire- Well its now been over 4 months, Audi acknowledges they have received all the needed paperwork but they said they have not been given the clearance to make any payments ( work was done at a Audi dealer). I have made a number of phone calls and always receive the same statement until yesterday. I talked to a rep in Michigan who was working her last day or had given notice. She told me never to expect payment, they will just keep pushing it back until you get tired of dealing with it. She told me she has people calling them from cases opened in 2005. So my advice is don't buy diddly squat from these !Removed!. its all smoke and mirrors to look good for the press but at the end of the day they don't care about the customers that keep them in business. So if a few people die because of a mechanical issue, or your house burns down do to a fire from the car its all ok in the world of Audi.I love the car but spending money with a company that doesn't back the product will sooner or later go south for good. I cancelled my order for a new A-7 yesterday. I was told earlier in the week it just arrived here in the states. Sad state of affairs.

• 1 month later...

ok I'm having that sinking feeling in my stomach.

what version does this affect? as I'm about to buy an a5 sportback tecknik 2.0 TDI registered sep 2012 with the new style headlights.

I phoned Audi UK about this fire issue and was told "what fire issue" she said she had worked there 10 years and there was nothing on there database to suggest there was an issue.

when I got her to check the vin the only thing that needed doing was an AC software update.

• 6 months later...

To those owners who have experienced issues. Please see this recent Audi recall which relates to faulty wiring connectors which can cause the risk of fire on a4, a5 and Q5 models. Audi are recalling 1.27 cars world wide. Here's the link: 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/audi-recalls-127-million-cars-worldwide

Hope it's useful.

Cheers

Steve 

I have heard nothing at all from Audi not even an acknowledgment. Tbh as its gone so long ive kind of lost hope of hearing or having anything from them.

Now I have an issue with my a4 all be it different to the fire and the most they'll do is offer to pay half of the cost as a good will gesture. Im honestly starting to turn from the brand as this is my 3rd audi and all 3 have has masdive issues. I'e  lost so much money over the 3 cars it' ridiculous. Can say me turning Japanese sooo  if my a4 isnt sorted out to where I'm happy. What is to Audi nothing there one of if not the richest car manufacturers in the world.......not a sorry or an offer of discount to my new one or an offer of a service plan or even a free service???? Nothing just totally ignored........

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

To those owners who have experienced issues. Please see this recent Audi recall which relates to faulty wiring connectors which can cause the risk of fire on a4, a5 and Q5 models. Audi are recalling 1.27 cars world wide. Here's the link: 

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/audi-recalls-127-million-cars-worldwide

Hope it's useful.

Cheers

Steve 

Thanks steve

• 11 months later...

Hi,

Currently 2:22am on the 9th of December, 2018 in Sydney, NSW, Australia. We own an 2010 A5 Audi, last serviced 20th of OCTOBER, 2018 and yes you guessed it suddenly the front started to smoke and then with only seconds to spare it was on flames. The fact I thought of searching on google and to have come across this forum, to have come across so many similarities, I feel so lucky and amazed that I’m not the only one. As such, I write to know if there are any updates that anyone would like to share. I am yet to make a claim to my insurance as it’s not open 24 hours, but have made a police report. I’m still In shock even though it happened last night, right now any information would be helpful. I know it’s going to be a long fight, however I’m taking it head on and will not back down until Audi are held accountable. This is not right! Why wasn’t my car recalled or why wasn’t I informed of this. I service my car, knowing that everything is checked and my car is safe. This is ridiculous we need to do something. Whose in, anyone?!? We need to great awareness!! Enough is enough. This must stop! 

F466D975-9FB9-4D0F-A9F9-8464EA43FEF7.jpeg

• 3 years later...