Parking sensor problem

Ebony

I'd imagine a sensor is not working.

IIRC get someone else to put the car in reverse and put your ear against each sensor. They should make a faint clicking noise if working correctly and the faulty one will not. Swap out the faulty one and you should be fine :smile:

• 2 years later...

Hi first time on the forum  this problem has been driving me mad for months now I get the long 5 second tone when first selecting reverse then nothing I have done the following replaced all the sensors replaced the Parkhilfe control box checked continuity of the cable from the sensors to the box and it remains the same I now have new sensors new control box and when car is in reverse all sensors make a ticking noise when you place your ear close to them dont know what to do next

On 10/27/2018 at 11:07 AM, melhug said:

Hi first time on the forum  this problem has been driving me mad for months now I get the long 5 second tone when first selecting reverse then nothing I have done the following replaced all the sensors replaced the Parkhilfe control box checked continuity of the cable from the sensors to the box and it remains the same I now have new sensors new control box and when car is in reverse all sensors make a ticking noise when you place your ear close to them dont know what to do next

Hi Mel, as your a6 is a c6 and not a c5 id advise you look at getting a diagnostic check carried out.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,,

Thanks for the reply I have now resolved this issue on a mates  VCDS first pass of testing it showed a fault at  the parking sensors of 01517 (J345) of the control module for the trailer/towing after a bit of head scratching as I have never had a tow bar fitted to the car I had a brainwave I realised that the Parkhilfe control box I had bought was used and that it may have been on a car that had a tow bar back on to the VCDS into control modules park assist there it was on the code a 1 in the control code to say trailer changed 1 to a 0 saved code fired the car up parking sensors working perfectly so to recap my original Parkhilfe control box was faulty as that had shown an error on the 2 middle parking sensors even after I had changed all of them thus resulting in that 5 second beep then nothing and when I changed the Parkhilfe control box it was giving the 5 second beep then nothing due to the fact it was expecting to see a trailer/towing control module hope that makes sense.

Regards,

Mel.

• 8 months later...