Brucielee

So as above had to change the indicator stalk as it was doing its own thing, indicating whatever direction it fancied, so had to take steering wheel and the squib behind it then obviously the stalk which is connected to the control module, without thinking I took the lot out, disconnecting the control module, used the same module to put on the new indy stalk, when I got it all back together and turned the ignition the brake fault light is flashing, the esp and abs on constantly, only have vcds lite, so plugged it in, says steering wheel control module not coded and steering wheel angle sensor fault, does anyone know why the ecu would lose the control module code when it's the same one back in and how do you rectify the problem and getting rid of the dash lights, 

Hi BrucieLee

Oh dear! you do have problems. Can't think why the original control unit would throw up a 'not coded' fault.

Only thought I have is when you refitted the rotary coupling for the squib was it centralised first?

Otherwise I'd be tempted to reset the battery and see if it makes any difference.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers,   Trevor

Update.......

Thanks Trevor for getting back to me,

So trolled through the Internet half of the night much to the annoyance of the missus, cars and women ehh, can't live with them can't live without them

So i read post after post of audi owners with the same problems, it's the abs module that needs looked into rather than the steering control module that I suspected first of all, so first of all there's a few car specific things you need to find out, the id type of abs module whether it's a 5.3 or 5.7, then the pr code for the front brakes, can be found on sticker in spare wheel well, then engine and gearbox code, also on the same sticker, these things allow you to translate into a code, the link takes you to the ross-tech site that you'll need to follow 

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_A4_(8E)_Brake_Electronics_(Bosch_5.7)

If you follow this and I've done it on vcds lite with a bay special lead lol and it's cleared and logged the codes for my car, cleared the lights off the dashboard and now I can keep on driving happily knowing that I, someone with no knowledge of computers in cars, I was able to sort it out in 10 minutes without getting robbed by some garage to do the same

But it must be said that it has to be followed precisely in order to work

A YouTube video by risk tech will explain it all in detail 

Hope this might help someone solve their problems like mine 

• Like 1