2007 S8 5.2 V10

V10kipps

would like to know what the 2 rubber pipes behind the fog light grill are because they have a small leak . its the pipes with the jubilee clip on it. They don't go into radiator, not that I can see, you can feel heat of them. The car is right hand drive and it's behind the passenger fog light grill. Audi have not been helpful when showing picture of the part in question they want £130 per hour to identify a part that's in front of you & requires no stripping down to see. The 2 pipes that have the sleeve or heat covers on them. its not the 2 that go into the radiator they attach to the aluminium. hope the photos are clear .Thanks

IMG-20160901-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20160901-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20160901-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20160901-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20160901-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20160901-WA0003.jpg

Edited by V10kipps
more pictures

I can't see where the hoses go off to but they look low pressure as only have jubilee clips on them which could just need tightening up slightly.

Also, worth seeing what colour the fluid is, engine oil, Power Steering Fluid, etc.

Let us know how you get on with it

Cheers   Trevor

hi Trevor thanks for getting back. The leak comes from the middle of the pipe, the clips are tight. The leak is just a few drips if the cars been worked hard or driving hard in sports mode, it's fine when driving normal been looking at engine diagrams and can't single out the the part. I know the S8 is a rare car and that could explain the lack responses or people with knowledge on this particular model. Will check the colour of the fluid next time as it was low light last time i noticed the leak. Thanks trevor

On 01 September 2016 at 3:18 PM, V10kipps said:

would like to know what the 2 rubber pipes behind the fog light grill are. They don't go into radiator, not that I can see, you can feel heat of them. The car is right hand drive and it's behind the passenger fog light grill. Audi have not been helpful when showing picture of the part in question they want £130 per hour to identify a part that's in front of you & requires no stripping down. Will try and upload picture's. Thanks car is s8 2097 5.2 v10

Sounds like Power Steering Fluid that the VAG cars use...which is green in colour.

I would check the PAS reservoir for correct level and if its dropped that's where its leaking from.

Chances are the hose clips just need tightening a bit

hi Trevor it was the power steering fluid that was leaking. I knew it wasn't coolant because that's red and when the level dropped the power steering was starting to groan and felt a bit heavy. The S8 5.2 V10 & the 6.0 W12 are different to all the other A8s. Because the engines are so big room is an issue, the power steering reservoir is under the the air box and a few other things and a pain to get to. Big difference to the 4.2 v8. Will send pictures hopefully this could help other folk that come up against this. Thanks for heading me in the right direction & you were correct it's not high pressure in them pipes. Thanks Trevor 👍

• Like 1

job done  £10 for steering fluid £150 for replaceing pipe and few hours labour. well happy.  

New to the audi forum but would like to highlight something.  Was sent a private email from someone after l uploaded the pictures of the leaking pipe.  This was not through the audi forum, but someone who must of seen it on here. All l am saying is this could of been costly for me and would not of helped at all. here is the email your thoughts folks

wp_ss_20160916_0001[171932].png

8 hours ago, V10kipps said:

job done  £10 for steering fluid £150 for replaceing pipe and few hours labour. well happy.  

New to the audi forum but would like to highlight something.  Was sent a private email from someone after l uploaded the pictures of the leaking pipe.  This was not through the audi forum, but someone who must of seen it on here. All l am saying is this could of been costly for me and would not of helped at all. here is the email your thoughts folks

wp_ss_20160916_0001[171932].png

we shall look into this as never seen anything like this occurring before...can only imagine that they put your email address instead of the intended person as they are referring to an Air Cond pump. But will certainly look into this to find out why. Thanks for letting us know. 

I have contacted the company and they say the email was sent in error...wrong recipient.

Let me know if you receive any other emails that are of concern from anywhere else.

Cheers   Trevor